The feasibility study is a fundamental and key part of a mining projects development process. The role of feasibility studies are:
- To define the project, its scope, boundary, cost and schedule.
- To provide the basis for changes in ownership, financing and other aspects related to the legal condition of the property and project.
- To serve as initial inputs for process design.
OreVenture Training and Technical Services team has the capability and expertise to take a project along the journey and assist the client with all stages of project cycle from Concept Study, through Pre-Feasibility and Definitive Feasibility into Commissioning, Start up , Ramp up and Operation. OreVenture can help through acting as Study Manager, Project Manager, etc.
Study types which we can assist with include:
- Order of Magnitude Studies: quick and inexpensive desktop studies that are used to provide a general indication of costs when the client has little testwork and a minimal understanding of the variability of the ore body.
- Scoping Studies: to generate concepts and highlight areas and issues that require greater definition. Some testwork is available combined with a general understanding of the ore resource.
- Pre-feasibility Studies: option trade-off studies and value engineering to select the best process route to take forward. Bulk composite testwork completed to support initial engineering design. Ore reserve is classified as probable and ore variability is known to a large extent.
- Feasibility Studies: detailed examination and cost estimation of the preferred process route. Most testwork is complete. Ore reserve is classified as proven, mine schedule and ore variability is known. Estimate quality is suitable for obtaining project funding.
- Risk Assessment Studies: to undertake an independent study to identify, analyse and prioritise risks associated with a mining Project.
- Value Engineering Assessments / Option Studies: a quick way for technical and economical assessment of a process route or an equipment to make the business case for the change or upgrade or decision for the path forward.